Friday, December 17, 2010

community


i'm going to be honest. when i was first coming to portland, i had absolutely no idea what i was getting into. the questions were in my mind, but i hid them silently and embarked on an unknown journey. well.. that makes it sound more epic than it really was. in reality, i moved to a new place where the people i knew consisted of one, my husband, but we were both game for it.

and i think the Lord knew what we needed. he introduced us to a community of people that uplift us, encourage us, play with us, laugh at us, and worship with as well.
i am truly thankful for them and i wonder what life would have been like had i decided to stay where i was, or to let my fears outweigh my heart.

regardless i'm honest when i say that i love my home community.
this shot was taken after several attempts at a nicey nice pose.
i guess we all need to blow off steam once in a while.

hope you cherish those around you. even the buggers :)


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are in Portland and I am glad you are at Imago Dei and I am glad you always want to set me up and I am glad you and I have dance parties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the calmest dude is wearing an Iron Maiden shirt!

    ReplyDelete