Wednesday, April 28, 2010

hearted :: frontier rukus


well i usually chat about things that i heart that are visual. and well i guess these guys are visual, you can see them after all, but their music is what i love lately.
i actually saw this band on friday night, and it was one heck of a show. they played for 3 hours, and every song was a hoot-a-nanny good time. one dude wailed on the saw as an instrument, and there was banjo playing and foot stomping...
what's better? they are from michigan, my home town :)
so they had things in their lyrics that only us secret michigan folk knew.

made me miss home, just look at the picture of them, screams the mitten state.
anyways, check them out, you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. On my way to work I was thinking about what music I wanted to listen to while at the office. I thought, "I wish I knew of more bands that used the banjo."

    And then I read this post. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like what i hear!! thanks for the rec...makes me want to buy a banjo, though. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. frontier ruckus!! we played with them one time in college! joel is working on mixing the lead guy's other bands' final record! he's good people.

    ReplyDelete